Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Fancy Pants CG Stuff

This is kind of old, but I figured it’s worth tossing up on here.
This was my very first attempt at animating with Maya (this is just a quick playblast to give you an idea)...I love to draw, and there really is no substitute in my eyes, but I have to admit, I had a lot of fun with this.

It’s kind of interesting…you can tell by the style of animation that I’m typically a 2D guy…pose-to-pose sort of stuff…I love strong poses…Love character layout and really milking some comedic acting out of them…I find that sometimes CG animation becomes too wishy washy…clear definitive poses get lost in a sea of over acting within a pose until everything just blends together…Presto was my fav bit of CG I’ve ever seen and that was more of a pose-to-pose sort of animation style too….Same with Horton…and I just saw a preview for “Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs” which seemed to have a very bold and cartoony pose-to-pose style of animation too….I tend to prefer that sort of thing.

But anyways, I enjoyed using Maya and once my thesis film is done, I’ll def be tinkering with it some more over the summer.

By the way…I just did the animation…the character model and rig are courtesy of my prof……his name is Rosco…the alien, not my prof...

and of course...the dialogue track is from Dumb and Dumber.

PS…3 more weeks til The Patsy Pals

3 comments:

Sam said...

Frank I am oh so proud of the work you put out. I can't judge on any animation things.. but I can say it looks awesome. I am so happy to call you my boyfriend because of how good and how successful you have become in the 3 short years I have known you. Few more weeks to go. Keep up the good work.
Remember that I love you. I will always be here for your support

Love
Sammi

Brie215@hotmail.com said...

YESSS. THAT IS SO COOL!!!! though dont ever go into cg..it is the debbil. for the most part, anyway.

YOU ARE AMAZING.

Hryma said...

Very worth tossing up, good stuff.

Hey, hit me up at my email here with what you have in mind and any questions:-
hryma@live.com.au
and I'll get back to you with a quote etc.

Cool.