Saturday, May 30, 2009

More Yogi and a BUM

Some more Yogi...I've had HB on the brain lately...seeing it everywhere. This time I paired Yogi with his arch nemesis for some character interaction. I love when people lead with their tongue when they're about to take a bite outta something...gross but It makes me laugh, so I incorporated that...After I drew it, I paused to figure out what the hell Yogi's even eating. I have no idea what that is...a delicious slice of bread perhaps? a piece of sponge cake? Soylent Green? I don't know, YOU decide. I threw some dry brush on there to gussy it up. I like how it turned out...It's amazing to me how much colour and some fancy brushes validate a drawing. Also, I just love that salmon colour.

I had fun drawing this. Here's my line work and solid colour for those who care to see.

...And my quick and dirty rough.

DUDE!
This was just my clean rough...or rough clean...whatever you wanna call it...Just figuring out the design...Next post I'll show ya the finished version. This is a peek at a little "just-for-fun" Flash project I'm doing. I'm animating a quick scene from my all time favourite movie, The Big Lebowski. The Character and BG style is inspired by Clone High.
My goal with this is to just have fun and see what happens.

Anyways. That's it for now. I'm heading out of the country for the week. So if I disappear from the webber net this week, that's why.

Talk to you soon.

Love: Frank

11 comments:

Garrett Hanna said...

Nice stuff Frank! That pic of the Dude is wicked.

Nicole said...

love this stuff! great work :)
who doesnt think the big lebowski is amazing? i can wait to see the animation!

Sam said...

i love your reference to soylent green :)

and as always.. you know i am just oh so proud of you!

THE DONALD said...

sounds cool man looks good to

Tapan Gandhi said...

can't wait to see what that little animated piece will look like.. u better post it here!

and awesome yogi, too. i'd like to believe it's sponge cake.

Frank Macchia said...

Garrett - Thanks man. Howr things goin on your end!?!? Hows the new jorb goin?

KOZ - Thank You...and i agree. The Big Lebowski isn't just a movie...it's a way of life.

Sammi - I knew you'd like that reference. I had you in mind as I wrote it. *Charelton Heston Voice* "Soylent Green is made out of Peeeeeeooooppppplllleeeeee"

The Don - Thanks Bud. I'm glad to see you updating on a regular basis again too. Keep it goin. I love seein what youre working on.

Tapper - I'm glad man. thank you. Oh no worries. I promise that'll be put on the blog when it's done.
haha yeah. Sponge cake is always a good choice. My Nonna makes a mean sponge cake lol.

Amir Avni said...

Very appealing Yogi & Ranger here,
The dude abides! :)

justin said...

Yes Dude, it's the Dude! Love the Lebowski homage's, can't wait to see what's next!

Trent Correy said...

Sweet stuff dude, always a pleasure to see your work. I'm trying to get some fellow animators to join a sketch blog, you think you'd be down?...more infor on my blog.
cheers
Trent

Shane Plante said...

Ah man, the dude makes me smile...I have seen aaaaaaa lotttttt of people take a stab at him on pen and paper and not quite get it...I think you nailed his character right on the head. I htink it's the loosness of your lines that make him seem even more laid back...

I love your work! I can learn a thing or two from this stuff!

Can't wait to see more!

Alina Chau said...

THat's fun!