Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Temp


Last week, a short we worked on at 6PH for Jack McBrayer and NBC aired with the season premiere of 30 Rock.

The short was traditionally animated in Flash and cleaned up using traditional methods as well as Flashy methods. The end result was a beautiful little piece of animation that you can watch HERE on Cold Hard Flash.

I particularly love the designs which were a combined effort by my talented buddies, Brock Gallagher and Sah Tantivaranyoo

Above is a little sequence of keys I drew for one of the scenes I worked on.
I don't usually draw cute girls. So this was a pretty fun opportunity.

Work's goin really well and LA's treating me quite nicely.
I know I've been syaing this for a while...But I have a HUGE indie project I've been working on in my spare time that I'll be sharing with you guys soon. Stick around.

PS. Buy the Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs Art of Book...Not only was that movie the best CG animated film I've ever seen, but the Art of Book will make you pee in your pantaloons.
Christopher Miller, Phil Lord, and Carey Yost are my heroes.

4 comments:

John-Michael Morgan said...

Oh, I remember this now! They showed this during the commercial break. I didn't know you involved with this. Awesome jobs, Brock and Frank and Sah.

What was Jack's involvement, anyway?

Frank Macchia said...

Thanks Man. many more worked on it that I didn't mention in my post.

The premise was Jack's idea as a submission to that Personal Responsibility ad campaign between NBC and Liberty Mutual.

Trent Correy said...

Frank! Sweeto stuff man, great design, and the short was freak'n awesome!
I'm glad LA is treating u nicely!
Have fun buddy!

Justin said...

Nice work Frank, you guys did a great job! I love the style; tell me their hiring!