Friday, June 4, 2010

Planet of the Soylent Green Ten Commandments Omega Man


Been watching a lot of Charlton Heston movies lately. So I figured I'd do a nice big finished piece as an homage.

Only Charlton could wear a neckerchief and still be a man's man. Don't worry if my interpretation seems off. It is. I felt like mixing a bunch of his movies...Soylent Green, Planet of the Apes, Omega Man, and The Ten Commandments.

What you see here is still my rough. Just planning colour and composition. His head is the only thing cleaned up so far (below).
I would love to find a filter or something to put on it when it's finished that makes it look like an old printed comic. Do you know what I mean? Like old school printing press pointillism.
Does anyone know of such wonders? I'm sure there's a photoshop plugin floating around out there.




"Damn You."

3 comments:

Chenny said...

i really like his face, the shapes are really aesthetically pleasing :)

jama_22 said...

Found a semi-old photoshop tutorial that might help http://www.photoshoproadmap.com/Photoshop-blog/2007/09/13/give-your-photos-a-retro-comic-book-effect/

Love your work btw, keep it up!

Chris Darnbrough said...

hahaha, thats aewsome man!